Military Families: Planning your Arrival to Our Lady of Mount Carmel School
Our Lady of Mount Carmel School is a regional Catholic elementary school serving the Virginia Peninsula and surrounding areas of Hampton Roads. Please read a Welcome Letter from our Principal.
AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR PRE-KINDERGARTEN & KINDERGARTEN:
A pre-kindergarten student must be 4 years old by December 31 of the school year.
A kindergarten student must be 5 years old by September 30 of the school year.
PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ADMISSIONS:
- Create a Parent account with Facts SIS. Find this and related information in “How to Apply” .
- Complete and submit an online application for each child.
- Complete and upload the Parent Student Survey (grade appropriate) to each new student application. Surveys are found within the application packet.
- An application fee of $75/application is waived for military families. The Admissions Coordinator will notify you via email that any fees have been waived and applications can be submitted.
- Schedule a tour of the campus either virtually or in-person with the Admissions Coordinator.
- Families may be invited to attend a family interview with the Principal.
- Student Shadow Experiences can be scheduled by the Admissions Coordinator. Oftentimes, students will complete prospective student academic screening during their visit. Otherwise, academic screening will be scheduled as soon as possible. This can be done in coordination with the sending school in the current location or upon arrival to the local area.
- Sealed, hand-carried records will be accepted.
PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES AFTER ACCEPTANCE:
Congratulations! Your child has been accepted!
After receiving an acceptance email from the Admissions Coordinator and instructions for online enrollment via email from Facts SIS, the online enrollment packet must be completed and submitted according to the given enrollment due date to secure your child’s placement.
Documents Required for Enrollment:
- Birth certificate
- Baptismal certificate for Catholic students
Every student must have a recent physical on the Virginia State School Entrance Health Form, including an updated Immunization Record. The physical must have been done within 12 months of starting school in Virginia. Children, who had physical done for Pre-Kindergarten, will need a new physical done for entrance into Kindergarten. Minimum immunization requirements and Forms and additional health information are also available on the website or from the school office and clinic. This information should be updated throughout the year as needed.