Employment opportunities are posted below as they become available, and can also be found on the Diocese of Richmond’s Office of Human Resources website.
Employment Opportunities At OLMC School (as of 4/16/19)
For all positions, please direct inquiries or send cover letter and resume along with the diocesan application to Sister Anna Joseph – firstname.lastname@example.org, 757-596-2754.
All teaching candidates must hold a current VA teaching license
- Elementary School (K-5) Teacher
- Spanish Teacher (part-time, K-7th grade)
- Geometry Teacher (part-time)
- Middle School History Teacher
- Middle School Science Teacher
Our Lady of Mount Carmel School is seeking a Virginia-licensed, full-time, middle school (gr 6-8) science teacher to begin this August. Candidates must have a current Virginia teaching license with endorsements in Middle School Science as well as Earth and Space Science. Candidates must be practicing Catholics who are enthusiastic for educating students both academically and spiritually. Candidates should have organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as effective classroom management skills. We are looking for a motivated educator to join the middle school team at OLMC. Having a Middle School Mathematics endorsement as well as two years or more classroom teaching experience is preferred.
- Bus Driver
Our Lady of Mount Carmel School in Newport News has an opening for a bus driver. Candidate must have a valid CDL Virginia driver’s licence with a school bus endorsement. Applications are available on the Diocese of Richmond website at www.richmonddiocese.org. Inquires and applications should be directed to Sister Anna Joseph – email@example.com, 757-596-2754.
- Development and Marketing Coordinator (part-time) The development and marketing coordinator will work in the Advancement Office at Our Lady of Mount Carmel School in conjunction with the admissions coordinator; he/she is responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining an ongoing development program for the school through appropriate and innovative means of marketing and communication of the lived mission of OLMC to current families and the broader community. Specific Responsibilities/Tasks: education development, public relations and advertising, annual appeal and fundraising, work with alumni.