| Our Lady of Mount Carmel School|
Our Lady of Mount Carmel School unites with family and community to provide a Christ-centered and educationally stimulating environment, where students recognize their God-given gifts and achieve their highest potential.
At Our Lady of Mount Carmel School, learning is acquiring, internalizing, and applying knowledge with an awarenes of the basic truths in life and our Christian faith. The philosophy of learning is implemented by:
• Encouraging life long learning through positive role models using visual, auditory and kinesthetic strategies
• Providing a positive and nurturing environment
• Encouraging active participation with freedom to ask questions
• Relating what the students learn to their personal experience
Our Lady of Mount Carmel School, a Pre-K through 8th grade Catholic Parish School in the Diocese of Richmond, exists to assist the Church in her mission to "make disciples of all nations" (Matthew28:19)."The Catholic school forms part of the saving mission of the Church, especially for education in the faith" (The Catholic School, 9). In this capacity, Our Lady of Mount Carmel School strives to:
• Nurture and promote the dignity of each person, made in the image and likeness of God by creating an atmosphere of love and faith.
• "From the first moment that a student sets foot in a Catholic school, he or she ought to have the impression of entering a new environment, one illumined by the light of faith, and having its own unique characteristics"(The Religious Dimension of Education in a Catholic School, 25).
• Recognize parents as the primary educators of their children and serve as an extension of the home where students come to know, love, and serve God.
• Foster a deep love of Jesus Christ through participation in the Sacraments and opportunities for prayer thus giving students the foundation in the faith needed to be open to their vocations
• Form strong moral and virtuous leaders who are capable of being intelligent witnesses of the Gospel
• Welcome all faiths and ethnic backgrounds so as to enable all to share in the blessings of a Catholic education
• Enrich students academically, socially, emotionally, and physically through a challenging curriculum and a variety of extracurricular activities
• Prepare students to impact and influence community and society through a life of service