New Family Registration Info
Thank you for considering Our Lady of Mount Carmel School for your child(ren). The following information is provided to aid in the registration process. Please read these procedures carefully and keep them for future reference.
At this time, OLMC School is accepting applications for the 2016-2017 school year. The families of children currently enrolled at OLMC School have the opportunity to re-register during the month of January. Once in-house registration is complete, the number of spaces available for the upcoming school year is determined. If you submit an application prior to the completion of in-house registration and we determine that a grade is full, your application fee will be refunded. The Principal and Pastor review applications of new students seeking acceptance, giving priority to siblings of currently enrolled students, practicing Catholic families and then to members of other faiths.
When applications are submitted, they must include the following:
- A non-refundable application fee must accompany each new application. Upon acceptance, a registration fee will be assessed per child, payable within two weeks of notification of acceptance. Click here for the current fee schedule.
- Applications for grades 1 through 8 must be submitted with a completed Authorization for Release and/or Exchange of Information form, which will be sent to your child’s current school, as well as a completed Principal or Designee Recommendation form.
- A completed Parish Verification form must be submitted for each family.
The Principal and Pastor accept new students after review of all applications and a personal interview with parents, if requested. Consideration for acceptance includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Space available in each grade after current OLMC families have re-registered.
- Preschool applicants must be 4 years old by September 30 and be potty trained; Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old by September 30.
- Review of additional school records as requested by the Principal
- Successful completion of placement/readiness tests. All students will be administered placement tests. Testing opportunities for grades 2 through 8 will take place in February, March, May and again in August for those families moving to the area over the summer. Testing for preschool, Kindergarten and first grade will take place during the first week in June.
Thank you for your interest in Our Lady of Mount Carmel School. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please call 757-596-2754.